Terms & Conditions
CARAT* London is trading name of Managebest Limited, a company registered in United Kingdom. Our registered address is 2/F, 7 Holyrood Street London Bridge, London SE1 2EL, United Kingdom.
CARAT* London is a trading name of Carat Group Limited, a company registered in Hong Kong. Our registered address is 19/F, 367- 375 The L. Plaza Queen's Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
To enjoy the use of our services made available on this website, you will need to register. When you register, you are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. Should there be any changes, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility to Purchase
In order to make purchases on the website, you will be required to provide your personal details. In particular, you must provide your real name, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated. Furthermore, you will be required to provide payment details that you represent and warrant are both valid and correct and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the Billing information provided.
The website is available only to individuals and others who meet the CARAT* terms of eligibility, who have been issued a valid credit/ debit card by a bank acceptable to CARAT*, whose applications are acceptable to CARAT* and who have authorized CARAT* to process a charge or charges on their credit/debit card in the amount of the total purchase price for the merchandise which they purchase. CARAT* reserves the right to restrict multiple quantities of an item being shipped to any one customer or shipping address and reserves the right to not fulfil an order and process a full refund accordingly.
By making an offer to purchase merchandise you expressly authorize us to perform credit checks and where CARAT* feels necessary, to transmit or to obtain information (including any updated information) about you to or from third parties, including but not limited to your credit/ debit card number, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit/debit card, to obtain an initial credit/debit card authorization and to authorize individual purchase transactions.
You can use a credit card, debit card or Paypal to pay for your purchase.
If your order is successfully processed, you will receive an email notification as your proof of purchase. You may also check the status under TRACK MY ORDER to check the payment & shipping status.
24 Hours Cancellation
In cases where you change your mind after placing an order, please notify us immediately with your decision to cancel your order. Include your order number, name, order amount, and currency. It is a requirement that you must send the email within 24 hours as we may not be able to stop the shipped order. If you are outside the 24 hours, we will charge a 10% restocking fee for ring orders only because the item has been ordered and cannot be cancelled.
If the item is in stock it can be shipped within 7 working days. A ring might need to go to our workshop for sizing, which may take an additional 2 working days. If the item is not in stock it will normally be shipped within 21-30 working days. Sometimes our workshop will be busy or our stone cutters may have a backlog. We will notify you if your order will take longer than normally expected.
United Kingdom & European Countries
Prices shown on the website are inclusive VAT. Orders are dispatched from United Kingdom.
United States & Rest of the World
Prices shown on the website in USD, AUD and HKD are exclusive of VAT or GST. The order will be dispatched from Hong Kong. CARAT* ships on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis. This means that no taxes and duties are included in the final purchase price. Instead, when your order arrives you will be invoiced for these costs directly by our shipping partner Fedex. As a recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local taxes levied by the country you are shipping to and payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival. We suggest that you call FedEx to obtain a landed cost estimate before accepting these shipping terms and conditions. For more information, please refer to our Shipping Info.
Please note that prices online are subject to change and we reserve the right to amend these without prior notification.
On Sales Items
Sale items are guaranteed the mounting workmanship for 30-day period. We will confirm stock availabilities within seven days of your order. Unsuccessful orders will be refunded accordingly.
Promotion offer buy three items and receive 10% off extra is valid on selected items and online only Discount code EXTRA10 should be applied during checkout to redeem the extra 10% discount for sale items. No adjustments for prior and pending orders. Promotion offer cannot be used in conjunction of any other online promotions.
If you find what you receive is not what you wanted, CARAT* is happy to provide you within 14 days from the date you received your order to return for refund (excluding the shipping fee). This includes items purchased from Sale. Earrings cannot be returned for refund and exchange if hygiene seal has been tampered. Security tags are placed on the cases of all CARAT* loose stones. If this security tag is removed or damaged, a refund or exchange will NOT be granted. Custom made 14K and 18K rings are strictly not allowed for return or exchange. Follow these steps to claim a refund.
- Email us within seven days after you receive the merchandise and let us know what items you would like to return. We will reply with a return authorization number and a return address.
- Notify us via email at email@example.com ( US & Rest of World) , firstname.lastname@example.org ( UK & EU).
- Then, ship back to us via a traceable carrier (Local Courier, Fedex, DHL, UPS) within seven days of receiving our return authorization number. Shipping time will not be counted in the return time.
- Because of sizing costs, the return of rings is subject to a refund minus a 10% restocking fee. All other returned items will receive a full refund, provided that all requirements are met. Return shipping is payable by customers.
- Each item must be returned in the condition it was sent. It must have all the original packaging with collateral materials.
- Please ensure that you write the return authorization number clearly on the shipment paperwork.
- CARAT* will send email confirmation for packages received. For your protection, please insure the package for the full amount of the invoice plus shipping charges. You should not write “jewellery”, “diamonds” or other luxury-related words anywhere on the package, as this invites possible theft. We suggest you to write "fashion accessories". CARAT* is not responsible for items lost or damaged while shipping.
- Damaged goods due to customer’s negligence will not be accepted for a refund. Worn goods as evidenced by micro-scratches, scratches, dirt or additional workmanship from other jewellers will not be accepted.
- When we receive the item, it will be examined for damage through wear and tear. Once inspected and no damage is noted we will refund your account.
- Only a maximum of three items per transaction can be refunded.
- Item(s) purchased via carat.co can only be returned online. Item(s) purchased from caratlondon.com is not eligible for returns at any retail stores.
Note: Refunds can take between five to ten business days depending on your bank. The method of payment you used to make the purchase will be the method of the refund payment.
Free Shipping Offer
United Kingdom, European Countries , United States & Rest of World
CARAT* provides free shipping to orders . If an item is returned that received free shipping, then the shipping fee will be deducted from the refund amount. If an item is returned that makes the value of the remaining order less than the amount to qualify for free shipping then the shipping fee will be deducted off the refund amount.
CARAT* provides free shipping on all online orders ship to Hong Kong. If an item is returned that received free shipping, then the shipping fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
CARAT* understands if you would like to exchange your item for something else. You have 14 days from the date you received your order to exchange. For all exchanges no re-stocking fee will be charged. CARAT* would like to help you choose something that meets your expectations so please contact us to help you with choosing something else. Follow these steps to claim an exchange:
- Email us within seven days after you receive the merchandise and let us know what items you would like to exchange. We will reply with a return authorisation number and a return address.
- Notify us via email at email@example.com ( US & Rest of World) , firstname.lastname@example.org ( UK & EU).
- Ship back to us via a traceable carrier (Local Courier, Fedex,DHL,UPS) within seven days of receiving our return authorization number (shipping time will not be counted in the return time).
- Go online and make a new order for an item of equal or greater value within 14 days. Notify us of your new order number and the tracking number of the old item.
- We will refund the amount of the item(s) returned to your payment account once the package arrives and your new order has been processed. Note: Refunds can take between five to ten business days depending on your bank. The method of payment you used to make the purchase will be the method of the refund payment.
- Each item must be returned in the condition as it was sent. It must have all the original packaging with collateral material. Damaged goods due to customer’s negligence will not be accepted for a refund. Worn goods as evidenced by micro-scratches, scratches, dirt or additional workmanship from other jewellers will not be accepted.
- Item(s) purchased via carat.co can only be exchanged online. Item(s) purchased from caratlondon.com is not eligible for exchange at any retail stores.
PLEASE NOTE: For all loose stones, if the security tag is removed from its case or damaged in any way, it will not be eligible for an exchange.
Our jewellery is designed and hand assembled with the highest quality by jewellery master craftsmen. Customers are advised to wear and care their jewellery in the same way they would to fine jewellery. Our warranty only covers damages that are not caused by accident, inappropriate use or fair wear and tear; as is stated clearly on the guarantee card. Small repair fees might be charged if there is proof of artificial damage. Stone charges may also apply to some jewellery designs that have lost stones due to negligence.
To claim a repair service, please follow these steps:
- Email us to notify us via email at email@example.com ( US & ROW), firstname.lastname@example.org ( UK & EU) of the problem and wait for a response from our customer service representative. Please send pictures of the problem if you can.
- If we need to inspect the item we will ask you to ship it back to us for inspection. If the item is faulty we will repair it and return it to you as soon as we can. If we deem the item damaged or faulty due to fair wear and tear or neglect we may offer to repair at your cost or ship back at your cost. You will be given pre-approved repair authorisation and a return address.
- Send the package via a traceable carrier so that you can track your package if necessary (Local Courier, FedEx, UPS, DHL). Note: Unless it is an item returned for repair, you will be responsible for arranging to have the item(s) returned to us, and for any costs incurred.
- Remember to state “item return for repair” on the commercial invoice of the shipment in order to request exemption of any potential duplicated tax and duties of this order.
If you find that your ring is not the right size, you may avail the one-off free resizing service within 30 days after receiving the merchandise. (Please note: this does not apply to eternity bands).
To claim a resizing service, please follow these steps:
- Email us within 30 days after receiving the merchandise to avail an one-off free re sizing service.(Please note: this does not apply to eternity bands). You will be given resizing instructions and a return address. Notify us via email at email@example.com ( US & Rest of World), firstname.lastname@example.org ( UK & EU).
- Send the package via traceable carrier so that you can track your package if necessary. (Local Courier, FedEx, UPS, DHL).Remember to state "item return for alteration". You will be contacted by our customer representatives via your email address once we receive the ring for resizing.
14K & 18K Gold Rings
Since this item will be custom made for you, it cannot be returned, exchanged and refunded. Once you agree with the Terms & Conditions you may proceed with your purchase. For more assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Promotion & Birthday Discount Codes
These are nontransferable and there is no cash alternative. Furthermore, they cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offers, and must be redeemed within the validity.
The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks"), which you see on this website, are registered and unregistered trademarks of CARAT* and are licensed to CARAT* by third parties. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this website without the written permission of CARAT* or such third party who owns the trademark. Your misuse of any trademark displayed on the website, or any other content on the website, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
Your use of this website and any contract between you and CARAT* for the sale of products shall be governed by, and shall be construed in accordance, with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable for these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.